A Japanese proverb says:
“Vision without a plan is a dream. A plan without vision is a nightmare."
Whether you are in Start-Up Mode, at a plateau in your business, feeling stuck… or you’ve quite simply decided to move ahead more swiftly- this guide’s designed to help you do exactly that: Move ahead more swiftly, with greater ease & clear focus on results.
These 7 Strong Clear Steps are “Foundation Stones.”
Picture yourself walking around perimeter of a new foundation of an awesome structure to come. You stand on the foundation stones the entire building ultimately stands upon. These might be called, by some, the “pillars” of your holistic business. I call them foundational stepping stones- constant supports as you grow a business; they grow with you.
1. Assess where you are in your business. Whether you’re in the Start-Up Phase, or at another stage and you desire to build momentum, begin by reflecting on areas of expertise, where you have questions, and know where you need to get help. Know the gaps... or at least begin to see them! Take the Business Assessment Survey at the end of this section to decide what you need to prioritize for strong, well directed growth.
KEY GAIN: Create clarity about where you need to focus now to create the results you desire soon.
2. Declare your radical occupation of the Heart at the Heart of your business. Cultivate greatness of being in your business. You are the heart at the heart of your business. Anchored to your core, you can love your business into life (free of many excruciating mistakes, detours and distractions that may arise.)
Tune-in to inner wisdom. You’ll more quickly get back on course when strong winds blow you sideways. This is what skillful leaders do: Stand strong in mindful, heart centered leadership- for you. Be Kind, be Firm, be Clear. Take time to ask, listen and choose the next step forward. Intuition is practical magic. Follow what you know…it can save much time and heartache. Our linear brain holds only part of what we know.
KEY GAINS: Avoid diversions and mistakes; Stay true to your purpose.
3. Embrace your Best Entrepreneurial Self: Step into the arena with all the devotion you can muster. There's always more to evolve your skills, no matter where you stand on the curve: Cultivate new strengths (plus those “superpowers” unique to you) that will deepen, expand and amplify your capacity for impact. Develop the resilience needed to achieve.
Keep growing. You are an Entrepreneur. A Creator! Change Maker!
See yourself in this role as you being part of the generous, resilient, noble, exciting league of human creators, then it can become true, for you. Evolve into the role while acting as though you have arrived. Act on your best understanding while you learn.
KEY GAINS: Adjust, refine, and arrive more swiftly at your goal. Handle disruptions well so you more easily create the outcomes you intend.
4. Cultivate Connection. Community! There are no limits to the benefits of living in a great, caring “village.” Work is more enjoyable; we gain from sharing when we connect around our work: Contacts and referrals, joint ventures, mastermind partners. Many hands make lighter work and combined minds have potent Synergy. Human beings evolved to thrive through expanded connections. You need not do it all alone. Think like an ecosystem… Symbiosis and mutual feedback loops are wonderful aspects of the living world: Nature’s way to work. You and I ARE nature. Own this, whether in marketing or finding resources.
Relationships build business: Serve your community; share your gifts.
KEY GAINS: Enjoyment, less stress; through your work, more positive outcomes for the greatest number.
5. Own your energy and your state. RE-SET/ REFRESH AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN. Learn to “re-set” and refresh with ease. Learn how to remain centered, and become ever more skillful at this, "resetting." Mindfulness is essential. Return to this moment. Make it good. Discover and practice what works for you, above all when you fall down. How have you been able to rise again to continue? A fast walk? Music? Connecting with a friend? Make reminders. Place them at your desk, on the mirror… wherever. Move them around so they stay fresh.
Re-set. Refresh. Reflect. Refine. Re-commit.
CULTIVATE BOTH FOCUS, and FLOW (the state of almost effortless engagement that occurs when all parts of self align for a purpose.)State changes happen fluidly all the time, a combination of mindset, neurotransmitters, heart, breath and brainwave patterns. Our thoughts, actions and feelings influence these shifts.
Your Energy: A lot of our energy levels are set up by choices we control. Bad food choices, and inactivity, sap energy. So do the stories we tell ourselves. You can knock the wind out of your own sails pretty quickly with negative self- talk...
Are you talking to yourself as someone worthy of support and respect?
Be aware of stories you live within. Let go the self-talk/ stories that do not serve your seeing/ being your best self, always. Be resolute about this… it won’t happen all at once. No judgment- simple clarity is what you need. Ask this: “Who am I being now... and who am I becoming?" These are great questions to help you re-set swiftly.
KEY GAINS: Waste less time being derailed whenever sideswiped. Such resilience lets you express your great gifts fully, now.
6. Use Powerful Questions to get to the core of things. Take the time to reflect. Entrepreneurship is all about great questions. (Books are written on this.) Here’s one good way to start using questions well: Brainstorm relevant questions for any task, choose the one that is most clear and “pithy,” then brainstorm answers for that. This is a powerful practice! You have to work at it; try it out.
Here’s a great question: “Is there one thing, if done now, that may change everything about this ________ for the better?”
KEY GAINS: Determine the essential factors of any endeavor swiftly, to guide your best next steps.
7. Your Vision is the DNA of your business- Make it clear. Like a blueprint for a cathedral or a cool cafe', few things of significance are built without vision and a good plan. Your business included. Your vision- with a plan- is the blueprint, the heart and soul for strong and healthy growth.
A Good Plan = a Strong Heart.
Remember, the heart is solid yet fluidly- powerfully- directs the flow. A vision is soulful.
Create a Clear Vision with a Plan (that you love!) It's the Heart that brings your business vision into life.
Your biz might start with sketches on a napkin, (mine did.) Soon, you'll need others to participate: How you convey what you're up to / where you’re going is crucial, if you want to arrive together. Many partnerships fail from exactly this: no clear plan.
Surprise is always in the wings. One can go spinning in the wrong direction, so easily.
1. DESIGN. 2. IMPLEMENT. 3. REFLECT.
Know what you want,
Chart a great course,
THEN you'll KNOW you can successfully create your dream.